- Creative Drama revels in the experience, not the performance.
- Creative Drama is about process, not product.
- There are no wrong answers in a Creative Drama exercise.
- Creative Drama can integrate all of the arts.
- Everybody wins in a creative drama game.
- Everyone participates during a creative drama class – there are no “stars”.
- The leader in a creative drama session is always flexible.
An Outline for a Creative Drama Session
All activities can be based around the same theme.
Circle Time: Discuss the theme for the day.
Have each person share a pantomime or thought.
Warm-Up: Find a game or exercise in which everyone wins.
Movement Exercise: A period of guided physical activity.
Poem or Song: Recite a poem, sing or dance to a song.
Imagination Journey: Travel somewhere or sometime impossible.
Art Activity: Create a picture or craft.
Storytelling: Tell a story or read a book.
Acting the Story: Adapt the story so that everyone can participate in it.
Wrap-Up: Discuss the day’s activities.
Have a compliment-giving session.